I was reading a book just now and realized that I don’t have any well-defined goals. “Get in shape” and “fuck hot girls” aren’t really specific enough.
That combined with the fact that I’m reading Tools of Titans by Tim Ferris motivated me to create this list of ridiculous goals that I want to achieve. They’re separated into three categories: be, do, and have.
One interesting thing that I realized as I wrote this list was that I found myself more motivated to accomplish the “be” goals if I came up with a cool application for it. For example, training my memory is great. But being able to do it so I can count cards or memorize someone’s credit card instantly is much more appealing to me.
I’d like to do experiments for all of these, take notes during the whole thing, and then every year or so publish a book that is a collection of the posts. Maybe edit it a little bit so it looks fancier. I’ll be updating this page regularly as I make progress on various things here. All goals will have a time limit that I’m going to strive to make as short as possible. Like really really really, ridiculously short.
Tim Ferris set the bar very high, and while I’m sure I’d live a peaceful life if I didn’t learn six more languages, I feel like this is something I want to do.
So fuck it!
- Be able to learn languages in one week
- Train your memory to remember 40 names of people I just met
- Build your memory castle or path
- Learn how to count cards
- Be able to memorize a credit card, expiration date and security number in 3 seconds
- Be able to memorize a phone number the first time I hear it
- Be able to do a standing backflip
- Be able to do the side splits
- Learn to speak Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Dutch, Italian and Mandarin
- Be able to snatch 200 lbs
- Be able to do 1/2/3/4
- Learn to sleep for only 5 hours per night
- Have my own podcast where I interview famous people
- Have a YouTube channel with 500k subscriber
- Have 50k unique visits to my website every month
- Have friends who are top-level actors, businesspeople, and athletes
- Own apartments in Tel Aviv, Venice Beach, and Bondi Beach
- Win a professional fight
- Learn how to act and star in a major motion picture
- Learn how to model and get a modeling contract for Rolex, Gucci, or an equally large brand
- Be interviewed on the Tim Ferris, Tony Robbins, James Altucher and Joe Rogan podcasts
- Date a famous actress or model
- Have sex with a girl who has a plastic “porn star” look
- Read one book per day for 30 days
- Write a book of experiments that rivals The 4 Hour Workweek
- Grow Twitter account to 500k followers
- Grow Snapchat account to 40k friends
- Grow Instagram account to 1M followers
- Grow podcast to 1M subscribers
- Shake hands with the president of the United States
- Make one million dollars in six months